javascript AJAX error

Problems with basic installation

javascript AJAX error

Postby g4mb4 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:30 am

I made the basic installation with success but when I try to make some configurations in the control panel I get no error but is not working the ajax side, for example when I try to configure the "menu" gadget I press the button "Add Group" and the Edit zone stays blank, no view is showed with the form to enter Title, Title view, etc. I have the same problem with all gadgets an other configurations on control panel, I even get no information popups on the status zone when I make an update in configurations. Hope to be clear and get some help, let me know if I can provide more information on this problem. Thanks!
g4mb4

Re: javascript AJAX error

Postby mkh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 am

Have you checked another browser?
You must have JavaScript enabled on your browser. Also you can check for JS errors by console of the Chrome(F12).

If no chance, do a test with our demo site (demo.jaws-project.com). If that was okay so the problem is about your installation not browser and then let me know more about your installation.
mkh

Postby g4mb4 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks for the answer, I used the javascript console on chrome to debug but it doesn't show any error, actually I made another instalation on my local computer and in another server and it worked fine in both, the one that is not working it's a linux server with apache + PHP 5.2.17 + MySQL, the installation said it was successfull. I don't have full access to this server but I can show you this url with a php info if it helps avanti.hostoi.com/info.php Let me know if I can provide more information about this error. Thanks
g4mb4

Postby mkh » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 pm

I think you have an error on server side that can be checked via Chrome console/network or by enabling Jaws debug from `JawsConfig.php` and check for errors on `data/logs`.

If no success, please provide a `superadmin` account of your Jaws and send to me as a private message to check the issue if you want.
mkh

Postby mkh » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Okay, after debugging I discovered that your hosting(i.e., cPanel) inserts an analytic script at the end of every page/response comes form server and it affects Jaws AJAX mechanism.

Although there is an option that apparently disables this behavior of cPanel (see this link) but we found a solution for Jaws by customizing `admin.php` and I did applied that patch on your website so it should work now.

Also we will add this fix to the next version(i.e., 0.8.19) to prevent such exploits.
mkh

Postby g4mb4 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks for help, I'm starting to learn the framework and hope to contribute more soon!
g4mb4

Return to Installation