Menu, Static Pages, Categories

Request for new features, white papers, etc.

Menu, Static Pages, Categories

Postby bacarni » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Hello,
it would be great if we have categories in static pages. So that several pages are in the same category. Sometime you should want to split up the content...
This would be also very postive showing specific menus for specific categories of static pages. Since now you can select that a menu should only show up when static page is active. But it doesn't matter which static page. So if you could also also choose the category in which the menu should show up would be more flexible.
bacarni

Re: Menu, Static Pages, Categories

Postby simphax » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Yeah, I would want the same.
But this is actually viable if you use "SimpleSite" as the menu. With that gadget you can have one box for top menus and one box for the sub-menus. But still, the SimpleSite is pretty ungainly and most templates doesn't view the SimpleSite menus correctly. My suggestion is to either improve the layout section or make the SimpleSite gadget's implementation in the cms better.
simphax

Postby bacarni » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:25 am

For me it looks like that SimpleSite is for making a Sitemap for search engines in some way.
bacarni

Postby Corummo » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:13 pm

+1 for categories feature! :-)

It would add the needed flexibility when it comes to arrange contents for a site, actually (sadly) missing.
At the moment of writing is: "when gadget X is showing, then Display this". It's bad, because this way is forcing heterogeneous contents display.

Example:
I have a static page on main column, in which I talk about product X, and I have a separate block on a side column, showing links to similar products. That's fine!
When, in the same layout definition, I view a static page related to a completely different matter, I get the side effect to display the same links block, referring to a completely different context.
It's soooo lame. :)

Please, implement the feature to refer contents visualization to a couple of "keys": Gadget AND category, instead of Gadget only.
Category "key" should affect every single Gadget (for blocks and static contents, considering an "ID" field would help even more), but initially limiting it to Menu, Blocks and Static pages Gadgets could be enough, as appetizer. :P
This feature would lead this very promising CMS to an upper level!

Thanks anyway for your valuable work with this nice CMS.
Cheers!
Corummo

Postby afz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:10 am

0.8.15: Added page grouping to StaticPage gadget
afz

Return to Feature Requests