Action import not importing specific gadget ?

Questions about Jaws plugins for text parsing

Action import not importing specific gadget ?

Postby defred » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:38 am

Hi there, new user, and fond of the Jaws CMS concept, I am currently exploring possibilities for website creation and users access level. This last point is the issue here.

It seems that the ActionImport plugin does not work for specific gadget, or that I am missing something to use them. I managed to have a menu not accessible from non-logged users via block usage, and that is fine and easy. Now, once logged I want the user to be able to access the FileBrowser gadget, I can make an entry in the user menu of course and it will be hidden, but I want to secure the file browser more than to simply hide it from regular visitor, since while not logged the simple link to "Files.html" works perfectly :/
So I made a static page (and tried also with block) containning what I thought would be the correct Block expression to deny access from non-users :
Code: Select all
[limited groups="users"]
[ActionImport gadget="FileBrowser" action="Display" params="1"]
[/limited]

Now of course I wonder what the "params=1" could be referring to, since its a file browser so no real specific ID is defined (maybe replace it with a folder location ?)
action=Display seems logical. So now I wonder if maybe the gadget have another name to be called ?

Tried similar limitations and ActionImport with the "Blog" gadget, and it fails the same. Same bug(?) with the PhotoOrganizer (tried to call it "Phoo" with no success).

To make it simple, are there at this time some Gadgets that ActionImport cannot handle ? And also, since I'm more a designer and poor hacker, where should I dig in the code for tweaking such a feature ? (like restricting FileBrowser hard in the code)

Thanks for any info ! Once again my congrat for your CMS project, which is kind of perfect for simple music band websites !

deFred

ps : Did I mention my english was frenchy ? well...
defred

Re: Action import not importing specific gadget ?

Postby afz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 pm

this issue occures because AccessLimiter apply befor ActionImport.
for change plugin priority, edit this registry key /plugins/parse_text/enabled_items via Registry gadget
afz

Postby defred » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately it doesn't seems to be the problem. I've removed the limit tags, and the whole AccessLimiter also, to be sure, and I still can't import the FileBrowser (or PhotoOrganizer, or Blog), still searching.

Does the block : [ActionImport gadget="FileBrowser" action="Display" params="1"]
seems to be correct ?

dF
defred

Postby afz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:53 am

no, use this:
Code: Select all
[ActionImport gadget="FileBrowser" action="InitialFolder" params=""]
afz

Postby defred » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 am

Great ! Thanks a lot for the hints.
Maybe good to notice that it works in blocks but not in static page, wich is a minor annoyment though. Anyway I think I'll manage to do what I want now.
Thanks again for the support.

edit : I had to use the hack in /gadget/FileBrowser/HTML.php :
if ($GLOBALS['app']->Session->Logged())
{
Function XXXXXX
}

Because even with AccessLimiter, I could reach the file browser by typing directly the address (.../index.php/files.html) without being logged.

dF
defred

Postby hamelame » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:37 pm

I really first wanna give my sincere thanks to support for be there but I don't understand which page do you need to edit ?
Regards
Hame Lame,
zetaclear | breast actives
hamelame

Return to Plugins